Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Been 10 days, here's what's been happenin'

Hey you lovely people!

I have been away I know but don't hate me too much!

Last week I had been basically running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and uber stressed at work last week with all the new changes we are making but the outcome is fabulous! (keep reading to find out) 


I had a full weekend off and got to relax, play with babies that are on my man's side of the family and see a lot of my man's family too.  Which I love!

The only real "news" that I have is that I got a mini promotion with in my company! Woohoo!!  Aside from leasing I also now am event coordinator for my site and all the properties we have in Minnesota!  As if you had read my first blog, I am an event and wedding planner too, so this is lovely to hear!


Tonight, I made fried rice with shrimp!

Here's the recipe:

Fried Rice:

  • 2 cups of cooked rice- it makes enough for around 6 people or 4 that like bigger portions
  • frozen mixed veggies in pan
  • scramble (but only use a little milk) 4-6 eggs
  •  add cooked chicken or whatever meat or shellfish you'd like
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup sesame oil (do NOT use EVOO- extra virgin olive oil, learned that after my first time making it) 

** you can do it all in one pan, if you have big enough- after the rice is made

Yum-Yum Sauce (you can usually get at Hibachi restaurants) 

  • 2 Cup mayo (not miracle whip)
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp ground sea salt
  • 1tbsp ground garlic
  • 5 tsp ketchup
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp franks hot sauce or Tabasco 
  • 1 tsp paprika 

whisk together and chill  for at LEAST 4 hours, but over night is soooo much better! (that way they all homogenize together!)

Our lovely creation! you're going to make it and "wam bam, thank you ma'm" me! 



This pretty much sums up how excited and happy the man and I get when we master making it and our love for hibachi! 



Until next time loves! 

1 comment: