Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine's Week

This morning we got freezing rain and then lots upon lots of snow... the hell?  I am over it, if it were December I'd be excited but now, no.

Nooow back to the main topic.  Valentine's Day


Love is love, no matter who with.  Whether it's family, friends, significant other or animals.  I have said it before and I will say it again and again, I support LGBT. 

Never miss out on a chance to say " I love you " to someone.  Those are the most powerful little words when put together.  Some say you can over use it,  I think they are wrong.  Love is different to everyone.  I love the man and i also love peanut butter, bacon and Stouffers macaroni and cheese but it's all different variances of love.
Valentine's Day last year was rough, the man and i wanted to go home for a funeral we should have gone to, but weather conditions could have put our lives in jeopardy.  We stayed safe and stayed within 5 miles of where we were living.  Here is where it gets REAL.  It's blunt...
It's weird that a year has passed by and I still think of one of the few people, who in this world, helped talk me off the ledge- so, SO many times.  I'll admit it was because I was scared of what is to come and didn't want to go it alone.  In the blink of an eye, gone.  Every now and then, even when me and his "release" song (where we would dance on my mama's deck like crazy teenagers/lay back and look at the stars on the trampoline, or just sit and talk at night until the sun came up since he was working night shifts to put himself throughout med-school)... or just seeing a damn white mustang like his. 

It's been 1 year since one of the bravest men who was in my life, took his own life.  He may not have been my best friend, but he sure as hell was a damn good one.  He was the kid that would ask if everything was alright and if you said yes with just the right (but actually wrong) inflection would be over in a hot minute.  The one that will take you on a "date" to see a movie you have been waiting to for over a year to see, and is there to comfort you when you break down in the theatre and simply whisper "he should have been the one to take me, he promised". Telling myself "he no longer in pain" is what got me through it, which was hard admitting but is 100% true.
I've lost a lot more than a handful of people to suicide, some you will see me write about, some I won't because they weren't as big in my life as some of the others.  I've had my struggles too(which I am sure someday I'll get into), and it royally sucks.  Feeling alone in a world with billions of people.  
Know this, if you need/want whatever... to talk- I'll listen and be an eye to see (not hear unless you were to call me) and respond with the best help I can.  

This Valentine's Day... say I love you to someone- even if you don't know them.  You never know who you will talk off a ledge without knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment