Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's Sunday... and I'm not at work?

This is weird... I generally offer to work weekends (you get double the pay) and work 30/hrs Monday-Friday but lately since we are looking for a new manager to run my property it's been nothing short but major chaos.  

Valentine's Day with the man was lovely, but holy migraine and shark week is a comin' as of this morning.  Sleeping in (until 8ish until my legs started to spasm and jerk me awake) and doing a whole lotta nothing is amazing! 


I love making the man food as I have said many, many times... but for real, groceries are not what they used to be, damn! spending $100 when I was growing up meant ya got to eat for a whole 3 and a half weeks- sometimes a month, including dessert AND snacks for after school as well as in school every single day!  Now, $100 gets ya enough for  getting by the next few weeks.

Now don't get me wrong.  Living in Minnesota we have Mall of America and it's awesome and I love to shop, but I don't buy anything fully price unless it's really fucking cute or certain jewelry items... back to my point, Costco/Sam's Club are my new Mall of America.  You have no idea how excited this girl gets when she can have Brie or Bellavitano (cheese) or most cheese for that matter but those especially.

I'm a thrift/consignment shopper, and I am NOT ashamed of it.  I have saved (no joke) since one of the places I shop at tells you how much you save each time you buy... *drum roll* over $3000!  I feel like a bad ass.  Although I do clean the stuff with my own laundry detergent before I wear it myself.

If you're like me and pinching pennies and doing what you can to make ends meet and wanna look FABULOUS  check out Plato's Closet, Clothes Mentor... I have a few online ones too but if ya want them, you gotta ask me personally only because then we BOTH benefit


That's all for now really... hope ya'll are having/had an amazing Sunday-Funday!

PS: recipe to come with next post!  With pictures- saaay whaaaat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment