Thursday, February 5, 2015

I said BURR! It's cold in here!

As Kirsten Dunst said in Bring It On (weird that it was 15 years ago and I was just about to start the 4th grade...yeah I'm a "youngin' " or as my co-workers call me "lil pup everyone wants to see"... Annnnnywaaaayss!

It's cold.  No, not cold as hell, because well, hell is supposed to be hot and not cold as balls unless there is something I don't know (if you took that sexually HA!)  if not wellllll... than you were thinking like basketballs/footballs that sorta thing? If so basketballs can get hot when left in the summer sun.  Here in don'tchya-know land of Minnesnowta or as my man's mom has called it Minne-colda it's still winter and still snowing.  Temperatures at about -10 degree's (today) which is warm compared to what December/January was like more often than not but still quite ridiculous.

My man loves summer mostly as he puts it "you wear more summer dresses and all your bright fun colors in summer... and you look good in a bikini, bonfires, longer nights sitting on our balcony enjoying wine or beer" that and we go camping every chance we can!

I am more partial to Autumn (no that does not make me a "basic bitch") although I do love making my famous pumpkin bars with maple cream cheese frosting,[recipe will come this year, I PROMISE] I do NOT and will not wear Uggs- waste of money for me to spend when I have over $1000/bills a month{YAY for being a grown-up/adult, am I right?! NOT}, and when I have a BOGO for Caribou Coffee I go get Pumpkin Hot Chocolate- I can't have coffee, long story- for another time.

I really do want spring and summer though.  I have SO much clothes for those months (I love color) to wear... another reason this woman needs a walk in closet.

Back in December I went to visit one of my best friends in the universe (in Indiana) and I had forgotten how nice it is in December.  Now to me it's nice out when it's 35-45 degrees out and  I can wear one of my really thick hoodies and call it good with Jeans a t-shirt and boots.   Granted I was there a hell of a lot in 2010- earlyish 2011- again another story, another time.

In my man and I's old place we never turned the heat on once (we had lived on second floor and had it coming from below and above us) and now if the window is open just a crack it's perfect, other place sometimes was the WHOLE way opened.  Trying to be classy/professional in skirts is getting annoying when it's this cold.

This week on Monday the man and I's first official dindin (dinner/supper) was amaze balls!  He had crab legs, I had maple salmon made garlic biscuits and mashed taters... We definitely om-nom-nom'd that.  Made me feel special to do that for him (d'aaaw) - cooking for him is a way I show my love and NO he does not think a woman;s place is the kitchen

Tuesday- Pizza Casserole (recipe some other time, you will get it not to worry)

Wednesday- cold winter night classic = soup and grilled cheese

Tonight(Thursday)- Buffalo Chicken Wraps and apple slices:

Here's the Recipe for that(you'll learn I take after my grandma and make many, many portions):

Filling:
  • 6-8 chicken tenderloins/2-4 chicken breasts: ready to be cooked, cook 'em bad boys up or you can do the ready n' serve (I won't judge)
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing (Hidden Valley Homestyle makes it really creamy and delicious)
  • 1.5 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce
  • mix the sauces (if you can have them marinade over night EVEN BETTER)
  • mix slather your chicken in the sauce mix and heat in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, take out of oven
...add cheese- sharp cheddar or mozzarella go rreeaaalllly well with this, lettuce, tomato (we would have added tomato if we had it), any extra ranch or buffalo sauce

Flour Tortillas to put it in, and BAM! you made buffalo chicken wraps.  Pretty damn easy for those who like easy meals (which I make a lot of since I work 50/hours a week)


As far as apple slices go... get an apple you like and cut it up for you and your loved ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment